Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Summer in a Nutshell

I believe that it's long overdue for some updates from this household! Looking back on the summer it seems like we were busy but maybe, not so much. I am going to do my best to include what I can from our adventures of the past 2 months. I'm just a plain old slacker! Here is our summer in a nutshell...
Broc was honored as a "Hero Among Us" at the ReAL Salt Lake Soccer game on July 2. I wasn't able to snap a photo of him on the field but he was nominated by his coworkers and was presented with a ReAL jersey with our last name on the back. Broc's mom and dad came along with the Kimball's and Damian & Kallie and my parents came too. It was fun to have so much family support him.

The 4th of July is a BIG holiday in the Stutz family. This year we decided to have a weekend full of fun at Jackie and Travis' house. We met for breakfast at their house then headed over to the Granite parade (by Doug and Paula's) then we headed back over to Jax and Trav's for a BBQ. Stefan and Mike were able to come into town so we had the whole Stutz family there to celebrate.

Mom and Dad got Snowbird again this year. Brian and Shelly let us take Cole for a few days and boy did my boys have fun with him!! We went swimming, we saw Toy Story 3, played at the park and ran around the room throwing swim floaties at each other. It was a blast to have some cousin time, we missed the Stinkleby's but I hope to plan something like this again soon.

This year for Pioneer Day we were invited by my Aunt Tammie to a park in Lehi where they have "Foam Days". Okay, so I don't know if that's really what it's called but the fire department sets up one of their trucks and they spray foam all over the field. As you can see from the pictures it gets very deep. Iain and Jentz seemed to have fun, Kergs wasn't quite sure about the whole thing. After the festivities we went back to my Aunt's house for a BBQ. I can't wait to go again next year. I think it is a new family tradition.

We were able to switch Iain to A track this year which meant that he started school on July 26th. He was so excited! He is in Mrs. Labrum's class and she has been very good for him so far. She challenge's Iain and doesn't let him slide through any of his subjects. His handwriting has improved and he is doing very good with chapter books.

In August Keraghan fell off the kitchen counter and fractured her arm. We have 3 boys first and it's our flippin' daughter that breaks her arm, what are the odds? She only had to wear it for 3 weeks and she quickly learned how to use it as a weapon on the boys. A week before it was due to come off it slipped off her arm, Broc cut it open and slipped it right back on and then taped it closed with packing tape. The doctor said that Broc was a genius and that we could just keep it like that for another week.

Back in February, the Marshall's invited us to the Dave Matthew's Concert that was held in August. Broc and I were so excited to be able to go out on a date. We had a picnic in the car and then had a blast people watching with Ed and Kenna. I can't wait to go to another concert with them.

Finally, in August we had our first ever Stutz family camping trip! Jackie's really good friend, Jodi, got permission for us to use her grandparents cabin near Rockport. We spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday boating, sitting by the campfire, tubing down the river and eating our guts out like only the Stutz family can do. We had so much fun. We have to make sure that we do it again next year.

1 comment:

  1. Your family is growing up so fast. Such cute little rascals! Looks like you have had a fun summer.

    ReplyDelete