Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My New Job

I am on my second official full week of work. I LOVE my job! When I interviewed with Granite Peaks last September I had a really good feeling when I left the interview so when I got the call telling me that they had hired someone else I was bummed, to say the least. (They hired from within, understandable). When my new boss called me a month ago and asked if I was still looking for work and would I be interested in a position that had opened up, I jumped at the chance. I went in and talked with her about the position and was hired on the spot!

So what am I doing you ask? I am the secretary in the Granite Peaks office at Skyline High. I work under the coordinator there and with other secretaries and coordinators throughout Granite District. We are the program that offers continuing education to the public. I get to work with students that are taking classes at night and the instructors that are teaching the classes. I get to be home with my kiddos during the day and Broc gets to hang out with them at night! I work Monday-Thursday and have school holiday off (including July, August and most of December). I am so happy to have this opportunity!

2 comments:

  1. That is so great Lish! I love hearing you like your job! Congratulations on getting it in the first place. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad it's going well. So if you get summer's off do you get paid for them like teachers? I sure hope so.

    ReplyDelete