Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dinosaur Visit

So, the long awaited day finally came! T-Rex visited our house yesterday! Jentzen doesn't officially turn 4 until tomorrow but we had his birthday party yesterday. We have been talking about this party since September so I was feeling A LOT of pressure to pull off something spectacular!
Jentzen was adamant that he would have a T-Rex cake. What was a mother to do? I searched high and low for a way to make him his cake without having to spend a fortune. Thank goodness for my sweet friend that asked her sister if I could borrow her T-Rex cake pan. It saved me from having to buy a cake pan OR having to create a cake myself. (You must remember I am still a novice at this cake making thing.) I think that the cake turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. It only took baking 2 cakes (the first one got stuck in the pan and crumbled), and 3 hours to frost the blasted thing. Jentzen loved the end result even if it was a red cake and not pink.

For party games I decided that the kids might have fun running around like little dinosaurs. I bought some masks and spray painted footprints on my grass for them to follow. I ROARED like a dinosaur and they were off! Next they each received their own pail and shovel and had to go searching for dinosaur bones. It was fun to watch them all digging through the flower beds looking for their little dinosaurs. Finally we let them wack on a triceretops pinata.
Jentzen had so much fun with his friends. All morning long he was telling anyone that would listen that his boyfriends and girlfriends were coming over to play at his party. By 11 o'clock last night he still didn't want to go to bed, it was his day and he didn't want it to be over yet! I was finally able to get him to sleep by cuddling with him on my lap, the best part of my day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like lots of fun! Great job on the dino cake! I have a little boy who is totally into dinosaurs too!

    ReplyDelete