Sunday, March 21, 2010

Surgery

Friday was the big day for both Keraghan and Iain. Keraghan had tubes put into her ears and Iain got his tonsils and adnoids out.

Poor little KK has has 10 ear infections in her short 18 months. I was getting fed up with going to the doctor every month! She is already 180 degrees different. Her attitude is so much better (she is still a sassy little shit) but she is SO happy! I hope that they stay in and we won't have any problems with them. She had failed a hearing test about a month ago so hopefully this will help with that as well.

Iain hasn't been sick he has just had a really hard time sleeping at night. He snores like a freight train and is always waking himself up. The ENT said that his tonsils were pretty big and that by taking then out he should sleep lots better. He hasn't been too cranky for not getting the kind of sleep that he needs but I really hope that he really gets rested now. I am the worst mom ever though! As we were being discharged on Friday I asked the nurse what kind of restrictions he would be under when he went back to school on Monday. She looked at me like I was a 2 headed monster! She said, "Didn't the doctor tell you that he should be out of school for at least a week?" Okay, I felt about 2" tall! What can I say? Jentz was only 2 when he got his out and I had Keraghan 2 days later so I didn't realize that he would need to stay home! She said it is mostly so that he won't get sick from the sick kids at school but I after today and the pain he has suffered I'm sure it's partly for the healing too. Hopefully we won't have to go through this with Kergs. Heck, I still have my tonsils!






1 comment: