Thursday, December 31, 2009

Arnold Family Christmas Eve Party

Yes, I know it's been a week since Christmas and I am slacking on my duties! Christmas sort of snuck up on me this year. It seemed to take forever to get here and then, WHAM, it was Christmas Eve. I spent most of the day sewing our jammies and getting our shirts ready. If it wasn't such a fun tradition and one that the kids (and Broc, I suspect) looked forward to I would have just skipped it this year but I knew that they would all be disappointed if I didn't get them done so I spent the better part of the morning and early afternoon finishing them up. The kids actually behaved themselves and watched Eloise at the Plaza while I was working on them. Mom's party was originally scheduled for 6 but we all talked her into starting it at 4:30 instead so with the errands that I had Broc running for me (Dad's traditional pound of Starbucks coffee) we ended up being late. I know, when are we ever on time? This is a New Year's Resolution for my family this year, being on time. In my defense, however, I knew that he would probably get home late so I called and warned my mom that we would probably be late for dinner. One thing about my family, they don't wait if you're late. Dinner was to start at 4:30 so they all started eating and we joined in when we got there. Dinner was the usual; ham, rolls, yummy potatoes, relish tray, 7 layer dip, turkey, you name it and we probably had it. When we were finished eating and cleaning up we let the kids open their presents. This year we only exchanged names with the kids. I always like to watch their faces when the open up what their cousins have picked out. Hunter got an I tunes gift card, Iain got a Rubik's 360, Jentz got a color wonder light up paint brush kit and Kergs got a popper vacuum. They have all been having lots of fun with each of these gifts. After cousin presents Arlene and Loreen gave presents. Each of the middle kids (Tanyon, Jentzen and Cole) got a Tag system pen. It has been fun for Jentzen to sit and read the books with the pen all by himself. Keraghan got a fun Learn n' Groove table which she is climbing on top of and standing on like it is a stage. I just don't know what I am going to do with her! Iain received his very own digital camera and he has been running around the house taking pictures of everything, HE LOVES IT! Hunt was blessed with a Target gift card for what do you buy a 14 year old? Mom and Dad were given their presents from us after this and then we all decided to pack up and head for home so that we wouldn't miss Santa. I have always liked to get together on Christmas Eve. It gives the kids something to look forward to and it helps the night go by quicker for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment