Monday, December 21, 2009

Stutz Family Christmas Party

Yes, we had our family Christmas party Saturday night. I love that Paula does it the weekend before Christmas, mostly for selfish reasons. It means that we don't have to change my mom's party which has always been Christmas Eve. The grandkids have so much fun at the Stutz party. Paula always has a fish pond for the kids and believe me, she totally loads them up on "stuff". This year for dinner we ate sloppy joes, salads, chips and lots of goodies. As we were finishing up dinner we had a surprise guest...SANTA! It was lots of fun this year for each of the kids to sit on his lap and tell him how good (or naughty) they have been and what treasures they might like for Christmas. The babies were freaked out and Hunter just laughed but everyone sat on his lap for their turn. Exchanging gifts is always fun and I think all the kids were pleased with what they got. Paula got all of us crying at the begining because each of us girls opened a gift that was from Doug's mom, Grandma Stutz. Apparently just before she passed away Paula had asked her to make each of us some homemade washcloths. (Sidenote: every year since we have been married Grandma Stutz made us a washcloth for Christmas. It was something that we have always looked forward to.) These special washcloths are going to be tucked away and not be used. Paula mentioned the story The Christmas Sweater and told us that our gifts were definitely made with love. Yup, waterworks! I love Christmas and all the love that is felt during this time of the year. I definitely like the feeling that giving gives. I know that in the next few days lots more will happen and I am really excited for Christmas morning when my kiddos find santa!



Santa made Doug dress up as Rudolph! What a sport!


My favorite gift! Damian's picture for mom and dad! Isn't he BEAUTIFUL?

1 comment:

  1. Looks Fun! Hoping Jaden will be happy to see santa at our party this year. :)

    ReplyDelete