Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's A Soccer Birthday

Iain turned 7 this year! I can't believe how quickly the last 7 years has flown by. Thinking back on it it seems like it was only yesterday that he was my little peanut laying in the bassinet at the hospital. I remember thinking that we needed to move from our apartment because I didn't want Iain to start school at the elementary we lived by. Next year he will turn 8 and be faced with the decision to get baptized or not. I can't believe how grown up he is, or better said, how grown up he THINKS he is.

We celebrated his birthday with a soccer party a few days after his actual birthday this year. Broc and I didn't make him wait to open our presents. When we got home from school he got to open his presents. Broc and I were most excited about his soccer net that was set up in the back yard. Iain kind of liked it too. This year for his birthday Marma and Poppie picked him up and took him to dinner and out shopping for whatever he wanted. He took them to Appleby's again for dinner. After dinner he picked out some new tennis shoes and then a blue soccer ball and orange cones. He is all set up for soccer now!

His soccer party was lots of fun. He invited all his little friends and they played crab soccer with a giant soccer ball. When their arms gave out on them they decided to play actual soccer. We had a pinata for Iain's party too. You can't loose with a pinata! He had a yummy soccer ball cake (Red Velvet cake filled with strawberries and whipped cream). All in all he had a great time and can't wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment