While blog stalking, I noticed that a friend of mine had posted a Happy 100 after her 100th post. 100 random things about herself. I thought, heck when I reach 100 that might be something fun to do. So here it goes 100 things about me by me:
1. I'm not too creative if I have to resort to copying my friends all the time.
2. I like to watch the sun rise and I like the smell of the air in the morning.
3. I am NOT a morning person.
4. At one time I had 3 piercings in my left ear and 2 in my right. Now that I'm a mom it's 1 in each.
5. I sunburn easily.
6. I don't mind going to the dentist.
7. I HATE needles.
8. My blood type is A negative.
9. I wear the same size clothing as I did in high school but I don't weigh the same.
10. I will only drink milk with chocolate cake, brownies or pancakes with lots of syrup.
11. I only like Mrs. Butterworth's maple syrup.
12. I have been to Disneyland and Disney World each 3 times.
13. I was a JV cheerleader my Junior year of high school and I have no idea how I ever made it because I don't think I can dance AT ALL! Not many candidates to choose from apparently.
14. I used to wear a ring on just about every finger.
15. I still have my very 1st 7th grade class schedule.
16. I don't care for any of my wedding pictures from the reception that include me. 103 degree's that day completely deflated me and I didn't get a chance to shower and start over.
17. I can't use a metal utensil that has touched tin foil, it hurts my mouth.
18. I am scuba certified.
19. I still own the first car I ever purchased, my 1996 Honda Civic.
20. I love being a mom.
21. I also love having a "mom break" by going to work.
22. I have no desire to ever run a marathon.
23. I don't enjoy exercising, that might explain my muffin top.
24. I love to read. Mysteries, historical romance and biographies are my favorite.
25. I took flute lessons in 5th grade.
26. I don't think I can carry a tune. I wish I could sing, someday maybe I'll take singing lessons.
27. I like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Peanut Butter M & M's.
28. EL Fudge Cookies and Hershey's Hugs both have special meanings for me.
29. I love shoes, I have a closet full of them.
30. I prefer to go barefoot, go figure.
31. I really don't like to clean bathrooms.
32. I don't know how I ever had friends in High School and College, I was a complete MENTAL CASE. Thank you to all of you that have stuck with me and loved me anyway.
33. I think motherhood has mellowed me out or maybe it's just my meds?
34. It took me 8 years to get my Bachelor's Degree.
35. I have and still do contemplate getting a Master's Degree.
36. I would love to write Children's Books.
37. I can't imagine what my life would be like without Andrea and Brian as siblings.
38. I have only kissed 2 people in my life, 3 if you count my neighbor when we were kids.
39. I once took Andrea's Fozzie Bear to make her cry herself to sleep so that I could get out of bed and watch Knight Rider with my Dad.
40. I once made a skateboard out of an old skate and a piece of wood. Brian left it behind the car and it was run over, I cried all night.
41. I called my brother about a year ago to apologize for ruining his life, he laughed at me.
42. I HATE SPIDERS!
43. In Jr. High I went through the lunch garbage looking for my friends lunch sack because she told me she left $5 in it. She didn't really leave money in it she just wanted to see if I'd actually go through the garbage.
44. I do not like seafood.
45. I like to have family pictures taken.
46. I would love to learn how to barrel race.
47. I hate being pregnant. I would go through labor any day to avoid being pregnant.
48. I don't like to make people feel bad, it makes me feel uncomfortable.
49. I don't think I'm pretty, just ordinary.
50. I am terrified of heights and the dark.
51. I feel like I lack integrity and I try everyday to work on being a better person.
52. Some days I lounge around in pajama pants and don't shower.
53. I like to make invitations and plan parties.
54. I like brussel sprouts and broccoli.
55. I like movie theater popcorn.
56. I know how to drive a stick shift - Thanks Auntie A.
57. I like to cook.
58. I have never shot a gun.
59. I like the sound of tweeting birds in the morning.
60. I like to sit on my front porch at night and watch people walk by.
61. I can wiggle my ears without touching them.
62. The smell of cinnamon and freshly peeled oranges reminds me of Christmas.
63. I used to sit on the living room floor and "help" my dad mix chocolate chip cookies with a wooden spoon.
64. I can usually figure out what a present is before I open it.
65. I have been to Europe once and hope to make it back.
66. I like the smell of damp basement cement.
67. I talk to my mom just about every day.
68. I am familiar with both French and Spanish but don't know them as well as I should.
69. I am not allergic to anything.
70. My first memory is of me laying in my car seat crying for someone to come pick me up. I remember thinking "What am I doing here?" Mom tells me I was probably around 3 months old. 71. I don't like mushrooms.
72. I used to hate tomatoes but in the last 10 or so years they've grown on me.
73. I like lots of ice in my drinks.
74. I am a step-mom.
75. I prefer chocolate candy over fruity candy like skittles.
76. I don't like getting my feet dirty with sand after I've been wading in water.
77. I got my first pair of glasses when I was 11 and they were blue frames.
78. I am the oldest.
79. I passed my driving test, written and practical, on my first try.
80. I delivered each of my children at different hospitals.
81. When I was 10 I wanted to change my name to Jean, I got over it.
82. I have never been to the Manti Pageant.
83. I know how to gut a fish.
84. I still have my tonsils and my appendix.
85. I got sick on beef stick and can't eat it or smell it to this day.
86. I don't like to take baths, I prefer to shower.
87. I need to wear rubber gloves when I clean the bathroom, kitchen and dishes because I don't like how my hands feel without them.
88. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite princess.
89. I liked to bundle up in blankets and sit in our garage with the door 1/4 open during rainstorms, would probably still do it if we had a garage.
90. I like to paint my nails but Broc doesn't like the smell.
91. I like to organize my calendar and files by color coding.
92. I like to hear the breeze rustle the leaves, especially in quaking aspens.
93. I think quail are super cute birds.
94. I am a night owl.
95. It's hard for me to fall asleep with silence, I need the TV or music on.
96. I can double dutch jump rope.
97. I have never been on a cruise.
98. I prefer blue pen over all other colors.
99. I still own a Milli Vanilli tape.
100. I don't like to watch basketball, it's too confrontational. It makes me nervous.
8 years ago

I think you are a beautiful person, you weren't nuts in Jr. High and High School, and I think this is a great idea. But, I'm not sure I could come up with 100 things about me. Great Job!
ReplyDeleteFun to learn more about you!
ReplyDeleteThank you for mentioning your love of peanut butter. Now at least I know I'm not the only one who loves those treats. I also remember sitting in your garage on a rainy day and eating muffins while we were wrapped up in blankets.
ReplyDeleteYour list took me down memory lane and reminded me of things I remember and/or loved about your house. I hope you don't mind me sharing them. I remember your mom always making butter finger bars, she made them better than anyone, I remember watching Tales from the Crypt in the basement at your house and still remember it was about a poker game where the losers of each hand had to cut off their finger and put it in a frying pan, I remember playing Battleship in your kitchen, I can't smell wassail without remembering how your house always smelled amazing with the potpourri simmering constantly, I remember I slept over once and your mom bought us Oreo's with ice cream in the middle instead of the white filling and thought your mom was way cooler than my mom. I could go on and on, but I won't since we'd be here all night. :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE THIS!!! it made me laugh...it made me cry...it made me almost die (ok, not the last one!). soooo...this will be a long comment!
ReplyDelete#2 and 3--??? love sunrises but not a morning person??? Lol!
#9--hate you! ;-)
#18-had no idea!!! you and bry should go! i'll watch from the sidelines (or the beach...whatevs!)
#30-me too! hence the need for constant pedi's
#28-i understand the 'hugs'--what about the E.L. fudge cookies?
#44,52,57,60,65,73, AND 94--i KNEW we were friends for a reason!!!
I'll eat you up i love you so!!!