I'm not sure about the rest of you but while we were growing up we had a family that we did just about everything with. I mean everything, camping, birthdays, trick or treating, weddings, talent shows (well we tried to do it once), bbq's, etc. I got my first "real job" at Fleming because of Julie (the mom). She referred me I got the job and I was able to work for her (same department anyway). Andrea and Kris were always in the same class in school and their dog Dolly, Houdini, would escape from her doggie bra and wander up to our house just about every day. I think that the last time we were all together was when Ronnie (Ron as he likes to be called these days) got married and that was almost 5 years ago (I think). So, mom and Julie decided that it would be fun if over Christmas break we all got together with our kids and spouses and just hung out. I have to say that I had a blast! I have always had fun with their family, we can never forget the burping contest that was held at a park in Fillmore where Andrea beat out Frank. And I still get laughing so hard that tears come to my eyes when I remember Dollie dragging Ronnie down the driveway with her leash. Ronnie also made it known that he still cringes whenever he hears "Brian Edward Arnold" because that always meant that Brian was in trouble with mom. There isn't a year in my life that I don't have a memory or two with the Humphreys and I was very excited to get to spend time with them again. I hope that we can set this as a tradition every year!!


No comments:
Post a Comment