It has just been one of those weeks. You know the kind where it's kind of gloomy and the kids aren't feeling good and you just don't want to leave the house? It was Iain's last week off track and I was realizing that we didn't do any of the "fun" things that I had planned to do for his month off. We stayed at home most of the week and didn't even really go outside. I started to realize just how bad the boys were feeling cabin fever when Iain said several times that I was just being bossy and why did they always have to do what I said. He's on this kick that I am not the boss of him, his dad is and Poppie is the boss of me, so he (Iain) doesn't have to do what I say. I know, the things that kids come up with.
Jentzen has been waking up in the middle of the night with a fever and both he and Keraghan now have runny noses and TERRIBLE coughs. I think it might be a trip to the doctor on Monday. To top off an already LONG and tiring weekend, the boys decided that it wasn't such a good idea today to clean up their room. Broc and I started in on them at 9:30 this morning and by 6:00 tonight they still hadn't cleaned it up. What should have only taken 1/2 hour, at the most, turned into a day full of arguments and still no clean room. I was feeling pretty creepy when by 8:00 I just wanted them in bed. I hate arguing with them and to top it all off they were fighting and woke up Keraghan, never a good thing. So as I was trying to calm down KK and get her to eat, Broc put the boys in bed and told them not to come out of their room. Apparently Jentzen decided that this comment wasn't directed to him and he kept coming out of his room for this and that. Finally as I heard him venture out again, I hollered down the hall that he'd better get his little butt back in bed or he'd be getting a spankin'! He preceeded to come into the living room and said, "Mom, I got to tell you sumptin'." I said, "What Jentzen", in my most frustrated mom voice. "Me love you", he says and runs off down the hall, this time to stay in bed. Yeah, I feel pretty much like Mommy Dearest at this point.
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment