Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What's Going On?

I know, I have been a complete and total slacker for the last month. There hasn't been anything of real significance going on in our lives just my lack of enthusiasm.

The Spring sports season was a little hectic. With 3 boys playing sports, Broc coaching Iain's soccer team and me working nights, there was a lot of juggling rides and planning that needed to be done for the kids to make it to each of their games. (Thanks Mom and Dad for always being willing to help out!) I think that Jentz was the one that got the short end of the stick this season but he didn't seem to mind. I have been trying like crazy to get and keep our front yard in shape. Last fall Broc and I did some major pre-winter clean up so it was lots easier to tackle this spring. Finally after 5 years of living here I convinced Broc to let me get some rose bushes. With the kids help we planted 5 rose bushes 2 weeks ago and now we are patiently waiting for them to take hold and get "bushy". I love roses.
At work, I have been asked to help Proctor GED tests so that has required my working some Saturday's. Believe me, I would rather be at home with the Fam BUT it has been a fun experience watching people take the big step of completing something that will change their lives for the better. I hope that it continues to be a rewarding experience for me but a part of me knows that there will come a day when all I will want to do is throttle the next person that demands a sharpened pencil!
We don't have too many summer plans; a trip to Colorado over Father's Day for one of Hunter's Soccer Tournament's, Snowbird in July and hopefully some Stutz extended family fun. We did go camping for Memorial Day and had a blast, it definitely deserves it own post!

No comments:

Post a Comment