One of the ultimate summer songs for me is "Be My Lover" by La Bouche. It takes me back 14 years to the summer after graduation and the 15 days I spent traveling through Eurpoe! I was lucky enough to have trusting parents that allowed me to travel half a world away with only my French Teacher to chaperone. It was one of the best experiences of my life! I would really like to be able to travel there again, I can't even begin to tell you how much history I was able to see. We started in Italy traveled up to Switzerland then on to France and finally to England. I remember thinking by the end of the trip that I was ready to head for home but only to see my family give them hugs and then I wanted to go back! I had to pull out my scrapbook and relive some of the memories and read through my journal, yes there were some things I had forgotten. I get excited every time I think about the things that I was able to see and experience there and hope that someday I will be able to let my kids have a life experience too! Here are some pictures of the places we went!
This is the group of us girlies standing in the Roman Coloseum.
This is the group of us girlies standing in the Roman Coloseum.
Me inside the Pantheon. (Was I ever really that young)?
The one and only Trevi Fountain. This was 3 pictures pasted together to make one.
Look carefully and you'll see a pigeon in my hand eating some seeds. This was at Trafalgar Square.

I had to get a picture of me in one of the fabulous telephone booths.

And finally by bestest friend, Kamille!

I can totally remember this! It was the summer before Nathan was born. Holy crap! It doesn't seem like 14 years ago already!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh!!! lady, i can't believe the flood of memories that came back with this post! how fun! one of these days we'll travel the world again! this time no naughtiness! love, love, love these pics!! i had my kids watch our video from there once and they didn't recognize me! you say was i ever that young, i say was i ever that skinny??
ReplyDeleteI wish I was there with you. I would have loved that trip. Good memories!
ReplyDeleteI love that you posted this. You guys look like you had a blast. (What's funny is that I can actually remember you guys talking about that song when you all got back.)
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to take a trip down memory lane every once in a while. You've made me want to go look through all my old pictures too.