Friday, June 12, 2009

Iain's Trip to the Instacare

My first experience with open bloody gashes that required stitches happened last night! We have been very lucky with Hunter, I don't think he's needed stitches ever, just super glue.

So, it's not a news flash that Iain and Jentzen really like to rough house. They are always trying to be first in, out, on, off, down, up, etc. Last night as they were getting out of the tub they were racing getting out of the water and Iain "fell" (he claims that Jentzen pushed him, not sure how true that is) and hit his chin on the edge of the tub. I happened to be downstairs, heard the fall and then Broc's calm but panicked voice telling me to get upstairs. As I entered the bathroom I saw the blood, wasn't gushing too bad, Broc seemed to have it under control. As I got closer to look at how deep the cut was I saw what appeared to be bone and fatty tissue, I dang near passed out! Most of you that know me, know that I have a really hard time with blood and such and this just about did me in. As I grabbed the wall for support I told Broc that he would have to handle this one because I really didn't think I could. We got E dressed and Broc got him in the car and headed off to the InstaCare. When Broc and Iain arrived the nurse gooped up his chin with some numbing gel and asked them to sit down and wait for it to take effect so that it wouldn't hurt for the shot.

~This is where things get really creepy! When Broc and Iain got to the InstaCare they happened to see Dixie and Steve there with Matt. And you will never believe why they were there...YEP, stitches in the chin for him too! He fell off his bike and sliced it open. Who would have thought that both of Hunter's 6 year old brothers would end up at the InstaCare on the same night, minutes apart, with the same injury? Do do do do, do do do do...

Broc said that Iain did awesome! He didn't cry or scream or get uptight at all. He stayed really calm and because of that he got a Good Patient Award. Free Icecream cone here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment