Sunday, November 2, 2008

Keraghan's Blessing

We have been gearing up for this day for almost 2 months now. I love baby blessings. It's the first really special day for just the baby and any excuse to get together with friends and family is good for me. Broc and I have been running around like crazy people for the past week trying to get the house into some kind of order. (We have only been doing the BARE MINIMUM while I've been sick) I used to be a pretty good house keeper (that was pre-kids) I cleaned everything every Thursday whether it needed it or not. Now days there is so much clutter that it never looks clean. (This is something that I am working on). So Sunday morning we both just accepted the fact that the house was going to have to be fine just the way it was. Anybody that came over to visit was there to see us anyway, not the house, right? The weather wasn't very fun to deal with, it meant that everyone was confined to the house but that ended up being just fine. Keraghan looked beautiful in her dress and she was well behaved during the meeting (Jentz on the other hand...) Hunter got to participate in the blessing by holding the microphone for Broc. Apparently our ward lets a deacon hold the mic during blessings and since he is a deacon Broc asked if Hunter could hold it. Now I was pretty excited about this but Hunt didn't let on one way or another about how he felt. Broc did a wonderful job blessing Kergs and he was nice enough not to change her name on me like he had been threatening to do. WEHOO!! We had lots of family and friends that braved the weather to join us. Thank you to all of you who prayed for us and watched over us these past 10 months. We are very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. I am happy that Keraghan is finally here, it feels like we are finally out of limbo and moving on with life. Now all I have to do is get the boys out of the lousy habits that they got into while I was sick.

3 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie. I'm glad you posted more pics of her in her blessing outfit since I couldn't see it so great in sacrament meeting.

    You'll have to send me your email address so I can invite you to our blog. My email is michelleeberly@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful baby! sorry we missed it! i'm glad everything went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful day for the baby! Wish we could have been there with you!
    She has gotten so big since we were there - and that was only a month ago!
    Her blessing pictures are beautiful - they will be something special for always.
    Give her lots of hugs for us -k-

    ReplyDelete